Friday, February 11, 2022

Tundra vs Snowbank. Snowbank wins.

We have been having some warm days and cold nights of late, and my driveway is melting down during the day and refreezing at night.  Yesterday morning the back of the truck slid a little while I was backing up to turn around to leave.  The back end hit one of the piles of snow.  The snow won.  My bumper was in sad at best shape before this, but now it looks really pathetic.  I had intended to replace it before trading the truck in, but since it unfortunately whacked one of the license plate lights; I now need to replace it before getting it inspected in a few weeks.  Time to order a new bumper I guess.

There was no visible damage to the snowbank.  It very clearly was the superior structure.

I haven't done too much project-wise, mostly just prep work for the trip.  I did decide to remove the second Texas stop.  I have most of the reservations made.  The campground at the Grand Canyon itself was full of spots that weren't trailer compatible (supposedly, I think they are full of it), so I only have one place left, plus some of the attractions I want to see require reservations.  I had to make some modifications to where I was staying though, since even though most of the places had availability a week or two ago when I started looking at making reservations, a lot of them had completely dried up.  A month and a half in advance is clearly not enough these days.

This weekend is the superbowl so I won't be doing much on Sunday.  It is supposed to be really nice on Saturday though, so I hope to get the new power cord run and maybe get some work done in the shed.  I need the cord since I need to cut the floor, and I have no desire to do it with a handsaw.  I also hope to finish up the trip reservations this weekend when I go in Sunday to watch the superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment