Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Back home.

I got back from a trip to KY yesterday.  My Dad will hopefully post more stuff, but I worked on his new extension while I was there.  I did the electrical work, and he did a good chunk of the insulation work (he cut the walls, I installed them, and he did the ceiling with my sister's help).  The structural work was done by Amish contractors.



The lights aren't done, but the drywall (and possibly painting) needs to be done first.  The drywall was being done when I left.  While I need more practice doing drywall, the last time I did any it looked pretty crappy afterwards, and I didn't have enough time to do it while I was down there.  And this way it hopefully doesn't need to be redone in a few months because it was taped wrong...


The microwave made an amicable load tester (and I cleaned it as a bonus).  Everything was fine, no sparks or smoke or anything.  


I also finished getting my anti-sway setup while I was down there.  The first one I ordered kept getting delayed, so I got one while I was down there, though the first one I ordered was rolling around in the UPS truck somewhere.  The replacement arrived just fine though.  I didn't get to test it, but the hookups to the truck are ready now.  


I checked on a few things when I got home last night.  The yellowjacket trap was largely a failure.  There were a few things in there, but no bees.  


I have been gone for several weeks.  The yard needs mowing, badly.  It is supposed to storm all week though, so it will have to wait for the weekend.  The Cub won't be happy about it, but too bad.


I also found a mouse that apparently likes Pine-Sol.  I put some in my trash can so it doesn't smell before I left, and there was a mouse in the bottom of the can when I got back.  None of my traps had been touched, so I might need to rethink my mouse trap strategy.  


My emergency supply of cheese was still good, so that crisis was averted.  I don't particularly like having to go shopping right when I get home.  


I have been gone long enough that my coming home was a commotion.  My porcupine decided to come see what was going on.


The cap is confirmed to not impact my gas mileage; I actually got over 19.5 on a tank on the way back, which is the new record for the truck.  I will have to get the front end looked at though; I drove my truck through a pasture while I was there, and it was pretty clear from the wear marks on the drive home that the truck is riding the edges of the tires again, even though it was just aligned a couple months ago.  Ugh.  I did get to drive through a half dozen or so fireworks displays though, so here are some fireworks pictures.




1 comment:

  1. I put up a few pictures of the tape and mud. His work is WAY better than mine

    ReplyDelete