Friday, July 16, 2021

Short update. Finally a day without rain.

I finally got a day without rain this week, so I got some project work done.  I got the first coat of urethane put on the pieces of the table.  Unfortunately, with how humid it was, they were still tacky when I went to bed, so I couldn't get a second coat.  Since this is a table and subject to washing/scrubbing/mild abuse, I wanted to put three coats on it.  


It also appears that the glyphosate I sprayed my driveway with was largely ineffective.  I didn't expect it to kill the knotweed, but I figured it would at least kill the grass and weeds in my driveway.  Some of them don't look healthy anymore, but even after almost a week, nothing is dead.  I mixed it very strong too.  


This puts the table in progress.  Unfortunately after today (I should get the second coat of urethane on tonight) it looks like we are back to raining every day.  This is getting old.  And my yard is getting thick.  We have gotten so much rain even my leech field is flourishing; it usually dies off after the spring showers in May and doesn't come back until the following year.  My creek is still very high, and it is usually barely running by this point.  

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment