Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Sometimes I think my truck wants TNT too.

Sometimes I think my truck wants to get dynamite in its gas tank too.  It apparently decided yesterday that I don't get to wear a seatbelt anymore.  The whole mechanism completely seized up.  At least there is enough stuck out that I can make it look like I am wearing a seatbelt until I get it fixed.

Between hunting junkyards for truck rims on Monday and trying to get the seatbelt to loosen up yesterday, I squandered the last two days which were mostly dry.  Last night the storms came back in though.  We got some hail out of this one though.


Right now is a terrible time to buy a truck, but I went and priced them out again this morning.  They have gone up a fair bit in the past year, they are about 6 grand more than they were last year.  It is very tempting assuming I can find one though.  Certainly something to keep in mind.  I might go and see if I can sit in any of the GMC or Chevy ones though, which are still the frontrunners.

No movement on the checklist.

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment