Monday, July 12, 2021

Lazy weekend.

Saturday I was kind of lazy and didn't do much.

I started by getting the boat off the truck.  I get a "how well can you jack-knife a trailer" tutorial every time I try to turn around a trailer up there, and as usual it took me half an hour to get the damn trailer turned around enough to get it on the slab; it is surprising how slow this trailer turns, I am accustomed to my utility trailer which cuts fast.  I am beginning to wonder if it would be easier to just back the trailer all the way up the driveway.

Even after leaving the boat sit all night tipped back to make sure all the water was out of it, I still ended up using the jack to get it off the truck.  I probably could have lifted it off, but it was dicey whether I could have lifted it high enough to get a concrete block under it without injuring myself.  If I get ambitious, I might move the boat backwards to balance the weight over the axle a little better.  I think if push came shove though, I could move it enough to get it back on the truck without a "how well can I back up blind" exercise.  It might be worth buying a tongue jack for the trailer though before I go to move it again though.  


I also went to return the anti-sway ball I had ordered from Amazon back in April (May?) that they wouldn't cancel (I tried several times every time they delayed it).  I got my money back, but apparently they don't require I actually return the ball, so I have a spare it appears.


I also went and picked up a free point and shoot camera.  The guy claims it works, but the charger is gone for the battery.  I figured an 8 dollar gamble for a new charger and battery was worth it.  I don't particularly care for Kodak point and shoots, but it is better than the nothing I have right now.  

I didn't really do anything else other than finishing cleaning up the Kitchen Aid and other stuff I brought home.  

Sunday I actually forced myself to do some stuff.  I finally got my yard mowed.  The mower wasn't happy, I could see it spraying water in spots, and I nearly stalled the Cub a couple times (gotta go full speed...).  I didn't do the really wet spot down on the bottom right because it probably would have gotten stuck.  I also didn't do the backyard, though the far back is actually the driest part of the yard.


I also went out and started to spray down my driveway.  In a couple of spots I actually mowed my driveway.  The glyphosate doesn't kill knotweed, but it should hopefully kill the stuff in my driveway.



I also went and pulled out the the parts for the table to clean up and urethane, should the rain ever stop.


I also noticed that the silicone had detached itself from the base of the toilet again, so I went through and am trying vinyl tape.  Maybe this will work better.  


I woke up this morning to a flat tire on my truck and more rain, so I decided to go and look at my creek while the air compressor was filling.  It is high.  Very high.  


Even the path leading up to the creek is under water.  This is about as close as my lot ever gets to flooding though.


Given the lack of availability of the generator I chose for the power center, I reviewed the generators in my list, and right now the Champion is the next best option.  It is a dual fuel generator, which is nice.  I could probably get dual 30 or 40 lb tanks, tie them together and not have to refuel the generator the entire trip.  Or at the very least, I can run it for two days on a 20lb tank.

This doesn't start anything else on the checklist, but the table is looking like the next project.  There isn't much left on it to do, I did all the staining and cutting and stuff last year, so it should be quick.

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.
  • Fix shed floor.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget, the balance of the boat will change considerably when a motor is added

    ReplyDelete