Thursday, May 27, 2021

Short cap update

I have been pretty lazy this week and haven't really done much.  We got some pretty heavy storms coming through yesterday as I took off to go home.  I took the opportunity to get wet and cool off, but I also checked the cap.  Some leaked in the front, but it looks like it just needs a new gasket, which is pretty cheap.  


The windows didn't leak, which was one of the things I was most concerned about.  Some of the window hinging is a little weak.  

I also realized that I don't have a good way to wash between the cab and cap.  It is covered in pollen.  Maybe I will drench it with the hose and hope for the best this weekend.  

I also measured the lifters and whatnot and got all the rest of the parts ordered to finish repairing it.  I will be out of town this weekend, so I am not expecting a bunch of progress.  

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.

No comments:

Post a Comment