Friday, May 21, 2021

Everything ready to complete the camper power pack, except muscle. More acquisitions.

So I didn't make too much progress the last few days.  I picked up the wire and terminals for the camper power pack.  I now have all the parts.

4/0 wire is large.  It is as big as my thumb.  

I borrowed a pair of cable cutters from work to try to cut it, but with the 6" wire cutters I don't have enough strength to cut through it.  Cable cutters are the right tool for the job, but I need ones with a lot more leverage to cut it.  Barry said he has a specially sharpened set of bolt cutters that he uses for large wire, so I might give those a shot.  

I tried to cut everything last night inside because it was hot out.  My AC is finally on.  I couldn't take 80+ at home after being in it at work all day.  Last year I moved my laptop into the build office which is air conditioned and worked there, but the AC broke (I reported it a week ago) and maintenance decided that air conditioning $200k+ of heat sensitive equipment was not a priority.

I went and picked up a camera from Craigslist the other day for Heather.  It came with two lenses; a 24-80mm which is a nice general purpose lens, and a 70-300mm telephoto.  He said the body wasn't working, but it just had a little corrosion on one of the battery terminals.  I took a few pictures with it, but unfortunately forgot to bring in the SD card to work, so no pictures from it.  It is old (Pentax K200D), no video, but still a fully working DSLR with lenses and a bag for 20 bucks.

No movement on the list.  I am planning on going scrounging around this afternoon and this weekend.  I saw a boat trailer that I am going to go look at this evening, I might pick up a free fridge too, a size closer to what I actually need (and about a 15 year update), and I also might be picking up a truck cap as well.  It promises to be a busy weekend.

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.

1 comment: