Thursday, May 13, 2021

A little progress.

I was a bit lazy yesterday during my time off.  I went and inspected the plastic, none of it tore the last couple days which have been more windy.  


I also finished wire brushing and priming the top of the trailer.  Perhaps I can get it painted tonight.  


I also fired up the grill for the first time this year (a little later than normal).  This is definitely its last year.  The burners are mostly shot.  Ideally there shouldn't be any yellow/orange flames.  Those create hot spots.


In addition, there are significant rust holes in the structural part of the basin for the grill.  I noticed that the grill doesn't heat up like it used to either.


Annoyingly the grates are rusted again even after I wire brushed and seasoned them last year.  I used to think cast iron grates were nice, now I am not sure I really prefer them.   

I admittedly took a nap in the afternoon, I went out and started sanding again.  I think it is nearing time for a new belt sander.  It has been steadily chewing up the belt I had on it, but I am out of adjustment on the front wheel.  I replaced the belt and removed the adjuster entirely (the only way to loosen it further), and it seems to work ok, but I don't know for how long.  

I went and started sanding around quarter after 9.  The other resident of the carport was not amused.  The bird kept flying around my head.  He eventually got over it.  

I got another few boards done after playing with the sander and finding another belt.  They aren't all finished, but one more sanding session will complete them.  


2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.

No comments:

Post a Comment