Friday, May 14, 2021

A little more progress.

I was unusually motivated when I got home yesterday, so I made some more progress.  I finished painting the top of the trailer, and also primed the top part of the axle.  

On a side note, I saw a trailer identical to the little one I am restoring on Craigslist for 100 dollars.  So I will want to be sure I don't pour too much money into it.  I have already spent around 25 dollars on paint and the coupler repair kit, and the trailer needs a new hub and tires, so I will be close to 100 dollars when I am done).  Mine is completely restored, so I should be able to get more than $100 for it, but not much more.  I was planning on using the money I made on this trailer and my other one to get something larger that can haul my tractor, so I don't really want to lost money on it.  If I think I am going to take a loss on it, it might be time to cut bait.  

While the paint was drying, I put up a shelf in the carport.  Even the larger shelves were too small for the brackets, but they will work.  I have enough stuff to put up a second shelf, but I haven't decided where yet.

I went to finish up the sanding, but I had another belt failure.  This time it isn't the sander's fault, it was just a defective belt.  The joint came apart.  I am not sure if I have more; I think so, but I will have to find them.  If not, I will be making a Home Depot trip when I go shopping this weekend.

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.

No comments:

Post a Comment