Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Generator still broken.

The new grommet and shut off valve for the generator came in the other day.  I noticed when I went to install it though that I couldn't get the hose on it.  Comparing the two shut off valves, it is pretty clear why.  Look at the barbs, they are almost twice as big, even though both are rated for 1/4" hose.


I ended up just reinstalling the old valve.  I tested it to make sure it works.  The grommet was the real problem.  


I poured a gallon or so of gas in it, saw there was no leaks, flipped the switch, gave it a few yanks and... nothing.  I tried the switch in both positions (in case I wired it backwards), and still nothing.  So I went and picked up a can of starting fluid last night and will be playing with it tonight to see if I can identify which part isn't working.  For all I know it was just in an oil alarm condition because I had it on its side to install the grommet.


The generator isn't on the project list (though it probably should be) so no movement on there.  I finally ordered the parts (mercifully with free shipping, even on the 127lb batteries), so that stuff should start showing next week on the camper power.  The generator I chose is out of stock everywhere, but I don't need that to build it and test it, I can use the regular generator (if I can get it to run).  Thankfully the rain is supposed to end today, so I can start painting the trailer again.  

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed door.

No comments:

Post a Comment