Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Yard weekend

The weekend didn't quite go as planned, which sadly seems to be common of late.  Saturday I put my dump cart to work, hauling out a cart of trash and another cart of rocks, and only getting a fraction of the yard done.  I bagged some of the trash, then remembered I need a dumpster anyways for the stuff in the back yard, so I dumped the rest of it where the septic guy left the pile of crap.


The rocks I dumped in one of the holes that will require fill. 


While it was a nice day, everything is still soggy.  Removing the rocks led to water filling the holes quickly.


I also got the drag set up.


Some of the spots with ridges it did ok.


On the whole, notsomuch.  It needs more weight on it, but more weight on it mean s my tractor won't pull it going uphill.


I didn't even touch this part of the yard. 


As you can see by the tractor tires, it is just too muddy.  I either need a real tractor, or for it to dry out. 


I did manage to get the car all the way up, but it scraped.  Disappointingly the places it scraped were where the gravel was already put down.  I guess my eyeball isn't as good at smoothing as I thought. 


Sunday wasn't as nice so while I did a little work outside, not much.  I tried using a bo rake for smoothing, which actually worked pretty well, but it would take me weeks to rake smooth the whole yard manually.  Sigh.

I did get the service valves installed.  The rest of the parts haven't come in yet. 


We also got some surprise snow last night.  It didn't really stick much, but still annoying halfway through May.


No comments:

Post a Comment