Saturday, May 18, 2019

Getting close on the water heater.

I took Friday off because I had worked over 40 hours before lunch on Thursday and got some work done on the water heater.  I got a lot of the plumbing done until I naturally ran out of clamps. 


I also found out too late that this was all the CSST I had left.  It wasn't enough.


I unfortunately slipped when I was putting one of the clamps on, and the tee leaked.  This is the only leak in all the plumbing that I did so far.


Today, after yet another Home Depot run, I replaced the line going to the tee.


The water heater is now all plumbed up except for the emergency release.  It looks like a clusterfuck because everything came out of the floor the opposite way it goes into the water heater, and I didn't have a lot of space.  There was a minor leak on the cold inlet valve which just needed a little additional tightening. 


The remote is installed.  The directions didn't say how to wire it up, so hopefully I figured it out correctly.


Another design flaw in my tiny home: because I ended up using black iron to do the leg up to the top of the pressure tank, the valve is now blocking the bottom outlet.  D'oh!


I ran another pressure test on the gas work done and it all checked out good.  45 minutes and 0 pressure drop.


The only thing missing is the vent work.  I will need to borrow a ladder to do it, I can't really set the step ladder in the muck out side to do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment