Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Frustrating lack of parts.

The weekend was frustrating.  I got started on the hot water heater, and didn't get very far.  The unit is mounted at least.


There are other parts needed to install it (at least if I want to do it properly).  It came with a PRV (pressure relief valve) but no service valves.  Unfortunately Home Depot doesn't carry them either.  Neither does Ace, nor does FW Webb.  So I will order some online.  Along with the exhaust vent, since it isn't standard.  I did at least pick up the parts needed for the pex and the gas lines.  I think I might just use the CSST gas lines until I get to the sediment trap.  I believe I have enough leftover.   am going to spend as much on fittings as the real hot water heater itself.


Yesterday was gorgeous outside, so I got another load of gravel.  The car would probably make it up now, as long as I am very careful.  Probably won't try until after the next few loads.  The deep ruts are mostly done, so the gravel should start going a little further with each load. 


I also got my prototype up for the blinds.  I am using a dowel in the shelving brackets.  They look fancy, I get free shelf space, and have a curtain rod for the window.  Win-win.  Though I eyeballed this one and the right brace is too high.  Doh.


No update to the checklist.  I noticed that they have started rebuilding the road though, so I think they might be getting ready to repave the road.  They dug down the ends of the road (so that they meet the mating road flush) yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment