Thursday, May 9, 2019

Getting ready for yard work.

Instead of getting gravel on Tuesday, I ran out and got some yard materials.  I stopped by Barry's and got something I can use as a drag, and also stopped at Home Depot after trivia and got a dump cart.  It is just a cheap metal one, the newer model of the one that Dad used to have. 


It took longer than expected (some of the time was spent trying to find tools, my ratchet wasn't where it was supposed to be), and I had to finish it in the dark, but it is complete.


The front seems weird; the lip faces into the dump cart, but that was the only possible way it would go together.  They have definitely gotten cheaper in build too.  I could bend the sheet metal with just a few fingers.  A couple of the pieces were already bent and scraped out of the box, but the first time I really use it you won't be able to tell. 


At least I didn't get gipped parts like frequently happens with them based on reviews.  I actually had enough leftovers that I double checked and made sure everything was bolted together.


They did the first round of paving.  It is the larger rock pavement, so they might do another layer. 


They didn't do a great job at meeting the apron either.  There is a noticeable drop.


They didn't fix the scrapes they put in my apron when cleaning up for the paving either.  It isn't worth making a stink about though.


They also didn't do as far to the sides as I expected.


While the yard work needs to be done and very soon, weeks are already filling in, it isn't on the checklist, though the checklist might need to be revisited soon.  The parts for the water heater are supposed to come in tomorrow for the valves and early next week for the exhaust vent, so I might get to work on it some this weekend, but it won't be complete this weekend.  Hopefully this weekend I can complete the other in progress items, most of which are 95% complete, and just need a little bit left to be truly complete.  For tonight though, there is another load of gravel in my truck.
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment