Friday, May 10, 2019

A rocky day.

It was nice out yesterday so I got another load of gravel.  That turned out to be the death knell for my unloader.  It had started to do this a couple of loads ago (not nearly this bad though), but it never seemed to affect its operation.  Today it did.


I kept going though and it pretty much broke the bar.



I had to unload it the old fashioned way using a shovel.  It takes longer that way (an hour and a half versus half hour).  Though I was being careful not to tear up the fabric, in case I can fix it.  Normally I would just take the tailgate off and kick it out, which would be only a little bit slower than it was.


I don't think it is worth buying another one, given that it only lasted 6 loads.  The bar does have a joint in the middle, so I might take it apart and try to get it fixed.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment