Sunday, June 3, 2018

Insulation and cleanup.

I did a lot of cleanup today, since I needed to move everything around inside.  I got the various piles sorted into boxes.  I brought them home to sort through them to see what I need to finish. The rest I will pack away and get it out of my hair.


I got the big sheet of plywood cleaned off.  When I get the gas lines done, I will be removing it.  If I decide to do the insulation first, it might not even make it that long.


I also dry fitted the copper.  Everything lined up as expected.  I didn't get the fittings soldered, I forgot my torch and stuff at home. 




I also got the first round of insulation installed. 


It was pretty easy considering they had scores along the 16" boundaries to easily snap it.  I need 64" so it worked out pretty well. 


At that point, I needed to install the hose spicket before I could lay down the next chunk.  So I did that.  I couldn't find my zip ties, so I will have to snarf a few from work to tie it to the cross-beam.


I wanted to install it in the siding, but would have to put it at an angle and drill through the floor bracing to do so.


I decided to finish off the day by mowing.  Despite a rude awakening, so I gave them a surprise.



2 comments: