Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Felt good to make progress again.

I didn't get anything done over the weekend, I was out helping Mike move, and wasn't really up for it when I got back on Sunday.  I did go up today though after catching up on some chores.  It was a perfect day for working, cool and breezy enough to keep the bugs away.

For starters, I started repairing the torn insulation.  It is only the kraft facing that is torn, so I am not too worried about it. 


I also got the XPS insulation cut for the two sides. 


The first side is installed so I can install the fiberglass and next piece of flooring tomorrow.


I also discovered something else today.  I had been hearing some sounds in my car that sounded like water gurgling.  I had just assumed the heater core was starting to go.  That turned out to be incorrect.  I apparently had a lot of water trapped inside the door.  Normally it drains out, but apparently wherever it would normally drain is plugged.


After shaking it violently for a bit, some of it drained out.

No comments:

Post a Comment