Saturday, June 2, 2018

Finally got something checked off.

The day started off real hot, but cooled down towards the end.  I started off doing the last set of fittings.  Apparently the plugs take less solder, so the first one has a bit of a blob on it, but for the most part they look nice.  The overheating wasn't as bad on these as it was on the last set.


I did make a Home Depot run today on my way up.  It was busy, but it didn't take an hour to checkout.  Cinching this down was interesting, but it made it up to the property with minimal damage to the foam board and without anything blowing around.


Next up was doing a little underbelly work.  I repaired the front, and put another strip on the side under the door, where the wood had become exposed from the house wrap crinkling a little when I installed the z-flashing.  I am now completely done with the underbelly stuff.




I then decided to complete the sewage line.  It gave me a harder time than I thought.  The original plan didn't work out, I couldn't get the brackets into the underbelly.  Round two didn't fair much better.  I got it in, but not where it needed to go, the uprights needed to be on the other side of the metal crossbeam.


Third time was a charm though.  The brace for the plumbing is installed. 


I then decided to drive the task to completion for a change. To make my life a little easier, I decided to chop down all the stuff near there.  It was good to make sure the weed wacker was running too.  This is actually the first time I have run it twice and it didn't break.  Hopefully the start of a trend.  I ran out of gas, but got the important parts done.  It still has a problem with overheating, but runs well enough for what I want to use it for.  I think it needs its carb cleaned, it doesn't run with no choke on, so I leave it half on, which might be causing the overheating since it makes it run rich.


The next piece of pipe is installed.  This completes the rough-in for the PVC lines.  I still want to test them before I button up the floor, but everything is installed.


I also did some prep work for tomorrow, I got the piece of plywood moved around and cleaned off.


I also got the materials moved in.


I also got the main copper run installed, though I apparently didn't take a picture of it.  You can see it if you zoom in on the weed wacking picture.

Something that I realized is that I am going to have borderline ludicrous amounts of insulation in the floor.  I have the XPS (R5), a layer of 2x6 unfaced on top of that to fill the cavity for the trailer frame (R19) and another 2x6 layer (R19) in the joists themselves.  It almost makes me wonder if the last round in the joists themselves is even necessary.  The DOE recommendation for the northern zones is R25 to R30.  I will have R24 before adding the last layer.  I also intend to put up skirting of some sort (assuming I can find any...) around the outside, which helps a lot.  I am thinking I might save a little money and more importantly (at this point) time and skip it.  It will be a royal pain to change later though, since it would require removing the floor.

I finally got another item off the checklist.  It is kind of said I had to dig back three sets of posts on blogspot to find it, but there was finally a change.  It looks like I was a little out of date on it though.
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install blanket.
    3. Install floor insulation.
    4. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment