Sunday, February 28, 2016

Back in my element

Unfortunately I got a late start today since nothing in NH opens until 10 on Sunday, and I might have slept in a bit...  But mostly it was the store hours I swear.

The first thing I noticed is that my standard bed is not really big enough for 12 foot boards.  I was hanging several feet off the right side and out the back several feet.  I cinched it down tight enough not to go anywhere, but there was enough hanging out that I could have easily clipped some street signs and mailboxes if I had wanted to.


All 6 8 footers and 13 12 footers for the joists are there in the bundle.


I was a bit rusty at swinging a hammer, but it quickly came back to me.  I got pretty much all of the framing done/joists installed, but it isn't done yet.


I still have to install the supports that go in between the joists.  Unfortunately since I don't have power up there yet, I lost over an hour just getting the boards cut, since I had to drive home, cut them, and then drive back.  I plan on calling the power company this week to see if I can convince them to turn the juice on.


This is how I handled the joint in the frame, which naturally had a joist in the middle of it.


The sunset view from the shed.  It will be nice when I get the tree house put up on top of the hill.  Sadly that is a long ways out though...


It's a tarp!  Tarped it up since we are supposed to get rain, and I have a busy week ahead.  Hopefully it holds up, it was an 8 dollar tarp from harbor freight.


I also picked up a free faucet and a toilet tonight.  The toilet will likely be use to make portable facilities.
image 1image 1

1 comment:

  1. Pfister faucets are expensive! Good job getting that for free!!

    ReplyDelete