Sunday, February 21, 2016

Getting started, first update.

Before I get to the updates, a note about this blog.  It will probably start off pretty slow as I can only do stuff on the weekends, but as spring rolls in and I start working during the week too I expect the updates to come more frequently.  The goal of this blog is to track the progress of the new tiny home project, though I will post everything on it.  Most of the pictures that are here won't end up on my Picasa, since that is running low on space and is my primary photo backup; of late I have been using it like a photo blog, which was never its intention.  

So the first update is regarding the truck.  It has plates and I drove it up the property today.  It is nice having a 4WD with aggressive tires on it.  It went all the way up to the shed site without any trouble at all.

The driveway looks like it needs more work than I thought it did.  I never had a problem with it last fall, even going up right after rain, but it was very soupy today.  Looking at this, I am surprised that my car made it up without trouble yesterday.  One set of tracks is from the truck, one set from the car.

The property came to greet the new vehicle.
I am not sure where the log came from or what prompted it to roll down the hill.

I made use of one of the tarps that was already on the property and covered up my lawn mower, now that it has already been out in the snow.

The blocks are in place.  Unfortunately I forgot my level, so I didn't get everything leveled up, but the blocks are in the right place.  

Zoomed in shots from each side:

I did build up one of the blocks that was obviously lower than the others, and I still have plenty of dirt to level up the others as needed.  I also bought some smaller bricks in case any major adjustments are needed.



1 comment: