Thursday, February 25, 2016

The flood

The last two days we have gotten an enormous amount of rain, and there is a lot of flash flooding going on.  While I didn't expect the property to flood, I was curious how well it was handling the large amounts of water.  The property seems to have handled it rather well.  I apologize for the pictures, but it was dark and my camera doesn't have a beefy enough flash on it.

So the massive defrost that hit the driveway has spread to the hill up by the shed, even walking up there causes several inch holes now.



The creek was quite high, but not even close to overflowing its banks, though by the time I got up there the worst of it was long since gone.



Interestingly enough, my Nissan seems to handle the mud better than my truck.  They both have aggressive snows on them, but the Nissan just drives right up the hill, despite the undercarriage dragging a little bit when I went up.  The truck spins a lot, even in 4WD.  Hopefully it won't be a problem too much longer, since I intend to get a couple loads of stone now that my tax return has come in.


Towards the end of the headlights is where the car scraped a little.


The end of the driveway is getting pretty bad too.

2 comments:

  1. Can make your own fishing hole if you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually was deep enough for fishing, but normally it isn't... I have never seen any fish or anything in it sadly.

    ReplyDelete