Saturday, February 27, 2016

My eyeball needs massive recalibration...

Working in the cold wind today was less than fun, but everything is ready for the frame and floor and I started picking up the trash.  As the title suggests, it was a lot more work than expected though.  I thought they had looked reasonably level when I laid down the original bricks...  I was wrong.  A lot.

I ended up getting another 15 larger bricks.  On a side note, while I haven't been too impressed with the massive engine in my truck, I only barely noticed a difference with the 15 bricks (550 lbs) in the back.


But all the bricks and 4x4 runners are down now.


And level too:


I still have plenty of spare block should I need it.


The wind has been howling.  My pathetic attempt at covering my lawn mower didn't go well.


All in all, there wasn't really any damage from the nasty weather the past week.  The water levels are still high, but have gone down a lot, and in a reminder that it is still winter, the creek has a layer of ice on it, though I wouldn't walk on it anymore.



There was a little bit of washout, but the it was all in the driveway which was already a disaster.


Hopefully there will be another update tomorrow with the framing complete.  I also got to watch a nice sunset form my front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment