Wednesday, July 17, 2024

That storm looked an awful lot like a tornado.

There was a rather vicious storm that went through yesterday.  As is frequently the case, the worst part hit Sullivan.



It did some damage.  A couple of trees in the front yard came down.


My shed got hit, but it doesn't look like there is any damage.  It looks like it hit it and rolled off the back.



The area behind the shed is a mess.


There was a near miss on my outdoor storage area.


There are trees down everywhere in Sullivan.  


I had to go fetch things in the yard this morning, most notably my thermometer, but I think everything has been retrieved and put back where it belongs.  


The storm was a lot how I imagined a weak tornado would be.  The sky turned green right before it hit, and the winds were swirling.  The rain was going up, and it plastered/pinned branches and leaves to the house and my truck.  Some were still there this morning


I tried to get a picture of the color, but it kept messing with the white balance in the camera.  This was the best I could get.  The sky was still very yellow afterwards.  For reference, the trim on the windows is bright white (and my lights are white, and not a very soft white), and the tarp on the excavator is the shiny gray.



Since the power was going in and out, I got the hooks installed in the armoire.  That item can now officially be crossed off.



So I have a new project, even though I didn't need one.  Thankfully the weather is supposed to calm down after today.  
Current to-do:
  • Design deck
  • Build deck
  • Build armoire.
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Refurb cap
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment