Wednesday, July 31, 2024

More stuff arriving

I went out on Monday and picked up my new tires.  


I was unusually productive yesterday too.  I went back up the fire tower.  This time didn't make my legs burn nearly as much, even though this time there was humidity to add to all the smoke.  You almost couldn't even see the wind mills, which is only like 10 miles from here I think. 


It was late in the day, but a touch too early to catch the sunset.  Still looked nice though.  And also good for helping me get ready for going out west on vacation in a month.


When I got home, I had my new TV stand waiting for me.  It is a bit shorter than I expected, but otherwise seems fine.  It was a really cheap one, but felt more solid than I expected.  I had to trim the plastic legs, there was junk caught in the threads, but that only added a couple of minutes to the assembly time.  


Since I was in a TV mood, I also went and started the changeover for my other entertainment center.  I got the old one cleared off.  If anyone needs one, this is still in decent shape.  I had my 65" TV on it, so it can hold a big one if needed.


It is missing the bracket for the TV mount to the post (I could fabricate one if needed), and this foot is a little bent.  It caused no problems though when I was using it, I just had to be cognizant of it when I pulled it out to plug stuff in or whatever.  


I got it all cleaned up and vacuumed.  This wall looks bare and kind of funny without the TV here.  


The new one is in place.  It is big.  


Apparently some of the bark chips and stuff that were still in the back of my truck when I went to pick it up bounced inside the thing.  I found them when I was running a Swiffer over everything.  


This is the anticipated layout for it.  I know the TV isn't centered on the stand, but it is centered facing the couch.  There are supposed to be storms tonight, so I expect I will be getting this finished up tonight.

I got the okay to snag another bench and cabinet from work, so I will bring those home later in the week.  I also have been continuing to add to the truck camper I posted, mostly looking at parts and the like.  I was primarily looking at power yesterday, and annoyingly I discovered that Jackery never actually made the expansion battery for my unit (they originally listed the Pro line as being compatible with adding extra capacity), but that only got implemented on the Plus.  Grrr.  But I did a little comparing of something like a Bluetti setup vs a roll my own.  The cost was closer than expected, so it will definitely be something to investigate more as the time gets closer.

Current to-do:
  • Design deck
  • Build deck
  • Build armoire.
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Refurb cap
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum.  Clean up trash.
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment