Thursday, July 25, 2024

Beach eerily empty.

Despite the rain this week, I managed to get some stuff done.  Monday I went and loaded up the truck before it started.  There was a lot more wood there than I thought.  It sucked up about 75%  of my suspension and I could definitely feel it, so I am guessing it was around a ton, maybe a touch more.  It completely filled the back of my truck.  I delivered it Tuesday, again dodging the rain.


Yesterday was more of a not picture day.  I got some tires ordered for my truck.  I went with Yokohama Geolandars, the same ones I had on the Toyota during the blizzard drive down and performed rather well.  I will say it is annoying how the model of tire has apparently become its own brand with regards to tires.  Yokohama is the make, but there are almost a dozen different Geolandar variations, and they aren't just subtly different, like a different speed rating or something, they are completely different tires.  It makes it harder to find the ones you liked previously.  I once again got them at Walmart which was significantly cheaper than the various Tire Rack, Tire Warehouse, and so on type places.  Apparently my Walmart doesn't do pick up from store anymore, so I will have to drive to Hinsdale to get them, but that isn't too far, and still better than paying shipping on 4 tires. This is a stock picture of them.


I am also going to go pick up an entertainment center for the backup TV tonight (assuming they get back to me).  In the previous post, it was sitting on the end table for the guest room.  I have a dumpster coming on Friday as well.  Only a 10 yard rolloff, which I am not sure is large enough for everything, but is probably all I will have time to fill this season.  This is the picture on Craigslist of the entertainment center.  I hope it isn't too large, I have a specific wall I want it to fit against, and the ad didn't have measurements.


After work yesterday, I decided to stop at Otter Brook on the way back.  It was actually kind of eerie.  It is late July and while it rained in the morning, the afternoon was dry.  It was cooler (in the mid 70s), albeit very humid.  And I was the only person in the entire park.  I saw one car in the park, but no other people.  Weird.

The water level is a touch low, but not bad.  Most of the area has been dry this year.  


This tree was apparently confused about which season it was.  It was cool, but not fall cool.  


The beach was overgrown with weeds.  Yes, this is a beach.  I know they have issued a warning against swimming in the lake because bacteria levels are high, but this looks completely abandoned.


The lake was also a little low, but not bad.


I didn't snag a picture of it, but it looks like something else is falling off my truck.  I noticed something hanging down last night.  It felt like felt, so I will pick up some more fender washers and try to fix it.  Maybe staple it back together and use a large washer will hopefully fix it.  My UPS and power upgrade for the entertainment center should be in today, and the upgraded faucets I ordered are also in, I will go pick them up at lunch.  

Current to-do:
  • Design deck
  • Build deck
  • Build armoire.
  • Install whole house filter.
  • Refurb cap
  • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • Back yard drainage.
  • Insulate the water lines
  • Take scrap metal to Buffum.  Clean up trash.
  • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
  • Storm doors

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the thing hanging down under the truck is a common problem and has been for over a decade:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/f150/comments/qqil37/what_is_this_cover_hanging_down_underneath_my/

    ReplyDelete