Monday, February 26, 2024

Lots of pictures, though not a ton of progress.

I woke up Friday to a surprise.  


It was in the 40s and sunny though, so it didn't last long.  It only barely lasted until Saturday.  I did get a nice sunset on the drive home from work on Friday though.




Saturday was kind of chilly, and the wind was howling most of the day, so I didn't do much.  All I did on Saturday was go and get parts.  I have the plywood for the armoire and I also picked up fittings for the whole house filter.  I went to mark the plywood, and discovered that my chalk line is no more, so I will pick up another one.


Sunday was gorgeous though, so I got the itch to get outside.  I removed the old metal lip around the outside.  To be honest, I am not entirely certain what its purpose was.  


I also removed the light and stuff in the back.  


The guys sketchy ladder rack is also off.  


The screws had started biodegrading, even despite being metal.  


I cut a chunk out so I could take a look at it.  The lip of the cap is just wood encased in fiberglass.  The wood is thoroughly rotted now.  


I got a little over half the first side cut off.  



After that my saw blade had enough.  Most of the teeth are gone.  These blades apparently don't last very long.  


The oscillating tool itself is coated in goo.  Brown goo sprayed out of the rotted wood when I was cutting it.  In addition to all the fiberglass dust, which is also terrible for tools.  Good thing this is a Harbor Freight cheapie.  


I took a look at the back window.  I think I can fix it.  It looks like some rivets popped out, and that is why this side of the back window is starting to sag.  


After that was done, I still didn't want to go inside, so I went and visited Anx.  He wants to build a new deck off the back of his house.  So I went and got dimensions and will whip up a design at some point this week.  

I still had a little time before sunset at that point, so I stopped at Otter Brook on the way home and went for a short walk.  There was more snow coverage there than I expected.  Even my yard is losing coverage fast, and I am higher elevation than Otter Brook.


The water levels are high.






The beach and pond are still frozen.  That is the dam waay in the distance.


You can see the ice melting around the rocks though, which is kind of cool.


The cap actually isn't on my list of winter projects, so I have added it.  

Current To-do:
  • ASAP
    • Shorten PTO shaft for snowblower
    • Final mowing of leaves?
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire.
    • Install whole house filter.
    • Refurb cap
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room.
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Back yard drainage.  Complete Mortgage.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment