Monday, February 5, 2024

Cap is ready to come off.

I am not sure what I ate on Friday, but I didn't feel too great over the weekend.  I didn't do too much on Saturday.  Turns out my postal guy (who drives a Mercedes Sprinter, the most common van for converting) got stuck in my driveway.  It looks like he tried to drive up to the house, didn't make it, and then slid back down and off the side.  This kind of reinforces the idea that a van won't cut it, at least not until I pave the driveway.  To be fair, his appeared to be a two wheel drive, and even my truck would struggle with the driveway without 4WD (which is why it was a requirement).  All that said, the tractor had no problems at all pulling him out.


He was delivering my new rabbit fur hat (my old one was split and was one of the deacon's chair mold casualties) and my new slippers.  Turns out that these slippers are surprisingly good on ice, even better than my pack boots.  


Also in this package was the second option for the under sink storage.  Not sure which one I like better.  To be honest though, I might stack them and just use both.


I did draw up the sawhorses I wanted to build to take the cap off.  I dragged myself to Home Depot as well, despite not feeling great to get the lumber. 


Sunday I still wasn't feeling good, but I was feeling good enough to get some work done.  My air compressor wasn't feeling too good either (it was in the low 20s when I first fired it up), but it eventually warmed up and started behaving. The first sawhorse came out a little taller than expected. 


After shortening it a bit, I got the other one built.


This is how it is supposed to work.  


I just barely got the braces put on before sunset, but it is ready to use.  I might go through and add a couple more supports, but what is here is plenty good enough to put the cap on.  I just need to snag a second set of hands, and pull it off.  This is roughly where I plan to put it too.



This 

No comments:

Post a Comment