Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Short post, visiting weekend.

I didn't do too much during the week.  Laziness won out, except for Thursday where I had some surprise snow to clear.  I have been badgered a lot lately by the mortgage company (turns out they can close out the mortgage even though they told me they couldn't), and the insurance company is being annoying as well.  

Last weekend I went down and visited Tim.  Got to see all the stuff he has been working on, and the improvements he has made to the house in Rhode Island.  It was a good time, I helped him hang up a curtain rod, and transplanted some seeds; he has already started his tomatoes, and we moved some of them into small pots from the peat starter pods.  Beat him at cribbage a couple of times.  Got to watch a sunset over the bay (I don't know its name).


I got back Sunday, and didn't really feel like doing anything.  My truck's bumper to bumper warranty has now expired, I rolled over 36k on the trip.  The truck is only 16 months old too.


I had intended on Tuesday to go and get the stuff for the armoire, but I discovered that apparently my Home Depot has cut its hours back and wasn't open (they are only open until 9PM now, it used to be 10PM).  I might go tonight.  The weather is supposed to warm up and get nicer next week, so I might have some time to build it.  

Current To-do:
  • ASAP
    • Shorten PTO shaft for snowblower
    • Final mowing of leaves?
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire.
    • Install whole house filter.
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room.
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Back yard drainage.  Complete Mortgage.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment