Thursday, February 1, 2024

Cap removal prep.

Last night I went out and picked up some cheapo sawhorses to put the cap on.  When I got home, I also went and cleared the spot down by the tiny home.  It took longer to get the tractor started and down there than it did to clear it.  I am really enjoying the tractor snowblower.


This morning, I had a thought.  I probably don't want to leave it down there for a few reasons: it is close to the road and in a wide open drive right up to it spot.  And the other thing is that if I put it down here, it will get blasted every time I clear the driveway.

I think I might put it up here instead, where the hot tub was during the fall.  This keeps it up near the house and more protected, plus the top of the driveway typically melts off faster than the rest of the driveway.  I will attempt to clear this area tonight.  I need to get the cap off the truck because it is starting to sound like it is sliding off when I go around corners.  


Then I just need to figure out how to get it off.  I might see how strong the rack on it is.  If I can just strap that to the carport to hold that side up  and then just drive out from under it, I might be able to do it with just one assist (and using the tractor, it doesn't have to be someone strong either).  

We are at the point where it isn't completely dark when I get out of work in the afternoon which is nice.  It is also light when I get up.  I got to see a pretty sunrise this morning when I rolled out of bed.  The camera on my phone captured the color very poorly, but you can still sort of see it.  



2 comments:

  1. Too much white stuff in that sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the white stuff is pretty as long as I am not breaking stuff trying to clear it.

      Delete