Monday, November 28, 2022

Back at home.

I am back from my dad's house for the holiday.  We had some helpers for Thanksgiving.  



On Sunday my sister and I went to do a 5k that I tagged along on.  I was official (kinda), and even had a number.  


I got a few pictures of the lights, since the 5k was through the Southern Lights display.  I will post all of them when I get the pictures from Heather (more on that in a sec).  Here are a couple of samples though.  




My phone randomly died despite thinking it had 30% battery left though.  Not sure if it was the cold or whatnot, but I ended up taking most of the rest of the pictures with my sister's phone.  Hopefully this isn't a harbinger of things to come with that phone.  I don't have a particularly strong desire to replace it.  

The other big project this time was finishing up the cabinets that I got my dad for Father's Day.  The first part was building up the cabinets that were shorter (so much for standards...).  Fortunately my dad had a chunk of plywood that was within 1/32 of an inch of the proper thickness, so I cut some strips and and tacked them on.  


I also took a flap wheel and cut a notch in the bottom of the base cabinet that goes over the new flooring and old flooring.  


We also cut a piece of flooring to help fill in that random missing piece.


The cabinets were then assembled.


And put into place and leveled.


While this picture was taken before the endcaps and stuff were done, but the countertop and end caps and all that are done.  The cabinets are now completely installed.  All that is left is to paint them.  


Dad also repaired the holes in his underbelly where it had been cut up for plumbing work.  I let dad do most of the crawling around in the grime though and just offered some help, but the house is now sealed up for winter.  

My truck got excellent mileage on this trip, noticeably better than the first time around.  On the way down I was in the low 23s, and almost hit 24mpg on the way home.  I drove slow on the way down, but by Maryland on the way home, my speed started to creep up a bit.  

Winter projects:
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I think it was the 'night mode' on the phones. Remember you killed mine too taking pictures? Not had an issue since either. Sorry I forgot to take them off the phone. I can upload them all to an album on Facebook and you can take them off from there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While my battery life in general has been in serious decline, mine hasn't cut out really early either since then. I used night mode in all the cave tours, but I guess none of those were both really cold and my phone was fully charged beforehand, so it might be the night mode on the camera drains a lot more than I expected.

      Delete