Monday, November 14, 2022

Nice weekend at the LAN. Just a short blurb.

I didn't do any work last weekend since the LAN was last weekend, but my laptop finally got its first real performance testing.  It did well.  I definitely think that I would have been better suited for a 1080p screen though.  This one is 1440p, and apparently games don't play nice with DPI scaling.  So I had to make everything look small for the weekend.  I could read everything just fine at 1440p though so it isn't a big deal, it is just smaller than I like.  It was nice to be able to move my whole setup in a single backpack though.

I started listing out the tasks I will need to complete and when they are needed by; basically developing the plan for next year for the building permit application.  I made it as a separate tab on the building costs spreadsheet which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1of4w616ubED7IKwuVprNup7BjnlXKA95wPjGLvukh84/edit?usp=sharing

Here is what I have so far.


It looks like winter is coming this week, despite being 70 over the weekend.  We are supposed to get a winter storm on Wednesday.  All things considered, this is pretty late for a first snowfall.  I can get the generator done whenever though.  The knotweed kind of requires daylight, so I can't do that during the week.  I will be leaving for Kentucky this weekend, so there might not be another post before Thanksgiving.  The detailed house plans are now in progress though.  

Before winter:
  • Deal with town and get the variance.
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
Winter projects: 
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment