Wednesday, November 16, 2022

First snow. Winter has arrived.

We got our first snow last night.  It is a bit late this year, but it was significant enough to stick even though it was melting quickly as it was falling.  


I went around and took some pictures before work this morning.  






A couple of other truck updates: the tires are not good in the snow.  I expected this, but it will be annoying this winter until they are worn out.  I am not intending to replace them until they wear out.  

I also played around with engine braking this morning.  The force downshift engine braking was pretty much worthless though, which means I will be navigating the hills using the brakes instead.  I don't like the sound of that, but I will have to get used to it.


On a positive note, the heated mirrors come on and stay on when it is below freezing, so it was able to melt the snow off the mirrors this morning.  They may suck for rain, but work in the snow.


I got the truck back from the dealer before the LAN (I just didn't mention it in the last post).  So far my experience with Ford's service department is pretty poor.  They fixed the fog lights, which is nice, but they failed to fix the squeaking seat, didn't do anything about the AC being on when it shouldn't be, and apparently the trip meters resetting randomly is a feature, not a bug according to my owner's manual.  That is a pretty big black mark against Ford; essentially the truck has no reliable trip meters.

No updates, though I think I have the task list complete for the plan.  Still working on estimates and the like for it, but so far my timelines seem feasible.  I don't expect I will post again until after Thanksgiving at this point.

Winter projects:
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment