Monday, November 7, 2022

No progress, but nice weekend.

I didn't do much during the week.  Just a few odds and ends, nothing noteworthy.  I did find a couple of bungee cords that were sitting in the middle of the road on my walk on Friday.  They were nice ones and not damaged either.  


I got home late on Friday and had a visitor.  


Saturday I mostly just enjoyed the weather.  Even in Sullivan it was right near 70, very odd for this time of year.  After doing laundry I decided to go out for another new trail.  The Cheshire rail trail was oddly desolate considering the weather, I only saw a couple of bikers.  


I started at the bridge.  I can understand why this isn't a terribly popular trail.  Despite the lack of people, it was kind of loud and noisy since it runs right alongside route 12, even the stretch downtown is quieter from a car noise and is more peaceful.  



There also isn't really anything to see either once you get past the bridge.  Just trail.


There were a few strange things.  Like this random hole.  Hopefully no bikers get caught in it.  A few random poles and stuff too.



This was pretty much it for scenery.  



It was quite breezy though, so I got to watch the trees swaying.  This trail was probably quite pretty when the leaves were changing, but most trails are I suppose.


Sunday I didn't do much before the rain came.  I got a log set up for axe throwing in my back yard and did that for a bit, but that was pretty much it.  This log isn't going to last long though, it is too soft and rotted.  I used it because it was pretty much right there.  The lack of a backstop if you overthrow is something that might need to be addressed though.  

I haven't gotten a single nibble on the old snowblower, so I might just put it down by the road at this point.  I put a little bit of thought into the ordering of the real house and whatnot, but haven't written anything down.  There aren't too many weekend in November where you have 70 degree weather, and I wanted to enjoy it.  

Before winter:
  • Deal with town and get the variance.
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
Winter projects: 
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment