Friday, December 2, 2022

Interesting week.

The big news from this week is that I apparently ate too much stuffing and gravy at Thanksgiving and broke my futon when I got home.  I don't think I was doing anything obnoxious.  Because of how difficult it is to set up as a couch by yourself (and the sides aren't accessible either), I use a body pillow in the far corner which is how I use it to sit to watch movies and whatnot.  


But alas, the main frame board for the back portion split.  I went to the furniture store yesterday, and they ordered me a new one.  Fortunately this isn't completely unusable at the moment because of this.



We also had some really nasty storms whip through earlier in the week.  It tore the plastic off my carport.  


The creek is full again for the first time in over a year; we got a lot of rain.  


I had a few small branches come down, but when this was happening I had to slalom to get home, there were branches down in the road all over the place.



Yesterday was still windy, so I made the mistake of using the clothesline.  The high for the day was in the low 30s in Sullivan.  It would have been ok if we hadn't gotten a snow squall during the day while I was at the furniture store and soaked everything.  I still had signs that it wasn't a good idea though.  Like all the ice in my truck which froze even though it was above freezing.  By the end of the day, this was solid ice.  


While the shirts actually did dry, most of the rest of the stuff got wet again when it snowed and then didn't dry (again) before it got too cold.  Now my laundry is all frozen on the clothesline.  Oops.  


I am getting kind of irritated at my heat pump.  It has seemingly lost control.  It randomly works for a day or two then all of a sudden it loses control.  Yesterday during the day it held 64 perfectly even with all the wind.  I wake up this morning and despite being set for 61, it was still running and it was 76 inside.  I am not sure what I am going to do about it though.  My heating bills will be obnoxious this year I guess.  It isn't worth replacing the heat pump for an extra few hundred in power.  It did this once last winter, but it wasn't really an issue, but has been more broken than working this winter thus far.


No movement on any of the winter items though.  I am going out to Aunt's and Uncles for the weekend (which wasn't supposed to be nice anyways) so I won't get much if anything done this weekend.

Winter projects:
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment