Friday, September 30, 2022

Mostly foliage.

I haven't done much this week.  I did get up to Pinnacle View.  They are still doing servicing despite their service building being struck by lightning and being burned down, they are just a bit more backed up than normal.  So my tractor is scheduled to go in next week.  I will have to take the grading blade off, but that isn't a big deal.  


Fall is definitely here.  We had a good frost last night.  I had to scrape my windshield this morning.


I went out to visit Matt when he went by on his bike tour earlier this week.  Other than that nothing really notable has happened.  Here are some foliage pictures though.  







Still nothing from the town.  At this point, they might sit on it so long that I don't care.  While I was up getting my tractor set up for servicing, I took a quick peak at their snowblowers.  They only had a couple and none that would fit on my tractor though.  Right now I am leaning towards just buying a slightly less awful used walk behind and delaying the issue for another few years.  So the method of clearing snow is in progress, as is the tractor winterization.  

Before winter:
  • Deal with town and get the variance.
  • Finish distributing pile of dirt.
  • Determine method of clearing snow. 
  • Driveway winter prep.
  • Clean off the slab.  
  • Clean out the carport.  Decide what to do with the power center.
  • Mulch the leaves.
  • Ensure the shed will make it through the winter.  Shed pilings
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  
    • Run mowers out of gas, put diesel treatment in the tractor, change oil in snowblower, rearrange the carport, put weight in the back of the truck, prep heat pump (clean filter), disconnect hose.  Fire up generator.  Take down bug zapper.
    • Also note that my tractor is due for its first servicing.
  • Install the driveway markers.
Winter projects: 
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment