Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Lazy shed weekend.

I didn't really do much this weekend.  Saturday was rainy, so other than a guy was supposed to come and buy the trailer, I didn't really accomplish anything.  Unfortunately, at some point between my picking up the riding mower and now, something has gone wrong with the electrical wiring on the trailer.  It has to be the ground, I can't think of anything else that would cause it to go from all the lights are working to none of them work.  I offered instead to give him my magnetic lights and I will be delivering it today since he wasn't keen on the idea of towing it across state lines with no plates and no lights.  Ugh.  About the only other thing I did on Saturday was some cooking for a cookout on the 4th.


Sunday I managed to drag myself out to do my typical weed killing.  It turns out that despite the rain on Saturday, my creek is mostly dried out.


I also did something that was about 5 years overdue, I found my paint scraper and scraped all the stickers off the doors and windows.


I also got tired of knocking the beginnings of a nest out of here every day, so I put up a block to make them look elsewhere.


While I wasn't terribly motivated, I did finish up the first half of the shed floor.  I just need to empty out the other half and get that done now.  It is nice and solid again.



While I was up there, I measured the door frame to look at what it would cost to get doors for it.  It turns out my doorway was a very standard double door size (72x80).  I poked around, but given how expensive double doors are, I might just reskin the frames I already have though.

Here are some turkeys.  

I have a bunch of stuff to do during the week this week: deliver the trailer, there is a planning board meeting about another lot subdivision, run to the dump, bring my truck in (I had another TPMS sensor fail on the Tundra), and stuff like that, so I might not post anything this week.

While I made good progress on the floor, it is still only half done.  I have looked at though not really started the doors, so I am not marking them in progress yet.  

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the yard.
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment