Friday, July 29, 2022

Water.

I didn't do much during the week, I went to visit Tim at one point, but no work.  Yesterday though, the storms that caused the big floods in KY finally got here.  I had to dodge a couple of tree branches in the road on my way into work this morning.  While I didn't flood (if my lot floods all of southwestern NH is gone), the rain was still obnoxious.  We only got a little over a half inch, but it all came down in 5 minutes.  

I did have some washout, but it isn't bad.  I can easily repair it in a morning.  The darker stuff is the mulch that washed all the way down.  The drainage system worked though, the yard was walkable this morning to take the pictures.



While the level has risen a bit, my creek is still not flowing though.


Looking at the projects, I think several of them are getting postponed.  Some, like the building permit assumed I was doing the house this year, which I have decided not to. Same thing with the garage.  I am also considering postponing some of the largely inconsequential lot improvements, like the bridge over the creek.  If I don't do that this year, it really isn't a big deal.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Level the yard.
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?

Candidates to postpone:
  • Build a bridge over the creek
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Clear walking trails on lot.
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  

1 comment:

  1. Well and like the bridge and clear the walking trails can also be done over the winter too.

    ReplyDelete