Friday, July 22, 2022

Crazy storms and some heat.

It has been really hot and muggy this week.  With our lack of AC at work, I haven't really felt like doing anything when I get home.  Yesterday we got some crazy storms.  The pink cell hit right after I got home.  

The wind was rather impressive.  I didn't lose any trees, but the tree leaning on the shed is now on the ground.  


The widow-maker in the back came down as well.  That will make Barry's job a lot easier when he comes up to do the tree work.


One other comment: with the bed out of the way, the AC hasn't had to work as hard.  I am now seeing the problems when your AC is oversized.  It hasn't been running enough to pull the humidity out of the air (even when running my AC is below average at removing moisture).  It was unfortunately the smallest one that had enough heat for the winter though.  Oh well.  I think I can manage it being being humid inside when I can easily maintain 68-70 when it is over 90 outside.


My truck is in the shop for an annoying TPMS sensor today and this weekend is supposed to be hot and miserable, so I might only play around on the tractor a little this weekend.  I do intend to call the guy at La Valley back today as well to get that closed out. 

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the yard.
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment