Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Front yard work. Short update.

I was feeling kind of restless when I got home from work yesterday, so I decided to go do some more work on the front yard.  I started by cutting out the remaining conduit that was sticking up.  I cut them off several inches below the surface, so hopefully they won't pop back up when things settle.


I still had a bit of daylight left, so I took the tractor and put some gravel over there to start the leveling and smoothing process.  I was nearly out of daylight by that point, so I didn't get the dirt down, but it is a good start.  

No movement on the checklist.  Hopefully the guy from LaValley calls me back today, so I can complete the house plans.  I am still looking at living quarters while the slab and structure is going up though.  I am beginning to think that there are more projects here than I can complete this year though.  I haven't been quite as diligent about the projects as I have in past years.  I am enjoying the summer more this way.

Summer projects:
  • Prep truck for trade in
  • Determine house plans (modular vs mobile vs stick)
  • Get my power service upgraded
  • Shed floor
  • Shed doors
  • Concrete shed supports
  • Anti-mouse the shed (seal it, maybe spray with pepper spray or something)
  • Eliminate pile of crap in the back yard.  
  • Level the yard.
  • Investigate retaining wall construction. 
  • Install windows in the shed.
  • Fix/sell the utility trailer.
  • Driveway round 5
  • Get building permit
  • Determine the future method of travel.  Build prototype?
  • Come up with garage plans
  • Clear walking trails on lot.  
  • Build a bridge over the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment