Friday, October 8, 2021

Not very productive week.

I haven't been too productive of late and apparently forgot to post last weekends lack of shenanigans.  We have a big deadline at work (due today), and the incentive from management was to give us an extra week+ off at the end of the year.  I typically use my floating holidays and vacation for that time, so it might make a significant difference in my trips for the rest of the year; I might be able to take a full week off for the trip with the camper I am planning, instead of my original planned two days for example.

Last weekend I went and helped Mike move a few things, and got to see his daughter, now a weeks old.  I also picked up a few things.  The green table thing I am thinking of putting on my slab for the small portable grill I was thinking of getting.  The towers will be a welcome addition in the shed when I get it fixed.

On a nostalgic note, on the way back I stopped at Stewarts.  I usually stop when I am out in the Albany area, and though it took a while, I finally filled up a card.

Sunday was spent largely battling the weather while moving stuff back into the shed.  After the third interruption for rain that wasn't supposed to start until the evening, I gave up.  I did got my propane cylinders refilled.  I will definitely keep an eye on the rightmost one.  I thought it should have been full, and is very old.  The guy who filled them never looked at the tanks, so I have no idea if it is still in date or not.

Not a lot of stuff happened during the week.  Some douche truck decided to turn around in my yard.  This is the second time this year some asshat trucker turned something around and left ruts in my yard.  Grrrr.  

I also happened to notice something unfortunate.  It looks like my tires are splitting.  It isn't smooth, so I wouldn't think it was cut.  I was hoping not to replace the tires on the truck before I replace it next year, but seeing stuff like this gives me pause before taking a probably 5k mile trip in the truck.  The tire isn't losing air though, so it might be ok.

During the week at lunch I got the generator assembled and ready to test.  The assembly was pretty quick, for the most part it was assembled, it was just adding oil (0.5L which is interesting, not US units) and attached a few panels.  I hope to test it this weekend.


No movement on the checklist.  I rearranged the checklist to put the before winter items near the top.

2021 Projects:
  • Before Trip (currently planned for 10/16)
    • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
    • Baffle box
  • Before Ground freezes/Gets too cold
    • Shed supports
    • South wall siding
    • Driveway round three
    • Level back yard
    • Level front yard 
  • Before Snow cover
    • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • During winter
    • Fix shed floor.
    • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)

1 comment:

  1. For clarification, if we meet the deadline (I will find out on presumably Monday if the release has been accepted), I will save 7 days of PTO. I can roll over a week of it to next year if I want. So I could extend my trip to a full week and still roll over a week and take another trip to the Grand Canyon for example in Feb or something (rolled over vacation must be used in Q1 of the following year)

    ReplyDelete