Thursday, October 14, 2021

Trip prep. Probably last post for a while.

Not too much going on the last couple of days.  I have mostly been prepping for the trip.  

The first thing I did yesterday in my 20 minutes of daylight was to move my license plate over to the boat trailer I am bringing down.  It turns out we broke off the passenger side light when we moved my utility trailer.  Oops.  I think I have a spare in the shed still.

I couldn't get the bolts off and didn't have an impact small enough to "convince" them.  So the plate is just zip tied on.  Hopefully I don't lose it again.

I also went and filled up all my tires, including a full size spare for the truck.  It turns out both of my back tires are leaking now.  Fortunately these leaks are still slow.  The tire that had the crack in it was fine, so the crack doesn't go through.  I am not going to worry about it for this trip.  

I also staged a bunch of stuff I am bringing in the carport.  I will be putting it in the truck tonight after I go to the dump.

I went and bought some snacks for the trip down and I also went to fill a gas can (backup for the generator in case I can't get it to start on propane or something) since I can get ethanol-free gas again.  Sunoco has started carrying it.  It turns out this gas can appears to have a leak around the venting cap though, so it might be time to replace it.  Kind of a shame, it has a nice nozzle, and at first glance it doesn't look like I can just put it on a different can.  I don't think the black part comes off.  You can't really see it in the picture, but all the gas that was above the vent appears to have leaked out.  Either that or it is a 1.5gallon can now instead of a 2gal.

No movement on the checklist.  I expect that this will be my last post (unless I decide to post something tomorrow before I leave) until I return from from vacation, which will be a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment