Wednesday, October 13, 2021

New grill

I picked a new grill the other night, and got it assembled yesterday.  It is surprisingly large for a little portable grill, it could easily hold two reasonable sized steaks.

It also has a thermometer in it, which is good since I might be using it as an oven while I am in the camper.  It also latches shut which is a nice feature considering how cheap it was.  This grill was only 80 bucks.

It almost fits nicely on the table I got from Mike for it.  It is perfectly sized for the grill, but there is no support for a propane cylinder.  I might eventually get a 1 lb to 20 lb adapter and use a real tank though, so that shouldn't be a problem going forward.  

I also sold the Cub yesterday.  The extra space in the carport is much appreciated.  Now I need to pull out the Craftsman and get rid of that one.


Since it is fall and I won't likely get to do my normal foliage tour this year, here are some pictures from my walk at lunch yesterday.  




Everything at this point is all about prepping for the trip.  I cleaned out my truck, emptied and cleaned a few totes to bring stuff down, and so on, but none of this stuff is on the checklist, so no movement.  I also ordered an outdoor storage bin thing to store the portable garage in, which should come in around the time I get back.  The only scary part thus far is that I haven't finished the power center.  I might have to just bring all the parts and finish it while I am down there.  All that is left on it is just implementing a guard to keep the batteries from moving around (it would be bad if one of them fell over).  I am planning on staying at my parents for a week before I take the camper anywhere so I have time to unpack my stuff, stock up the camper, get a fresh oil change in my truck, see that I brought too much crap, realize that I forgot stuff, and so on, so I might be able to do it then.  

2021 Projects:
  • Before Trip (currently planned for 10/16)
    • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
    • Baffle box
  • Before Ground freezes/Gets too cold
    • Shed supports
    • South wall siding
    • Driveway round three
    • Level back yard
    • Level front yard 
  • Before Snow cover
    • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • During winter
    • Fix shed floor.
    • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)

No comments:

Post a Comment