Monday, August 9, 2021

Shed problems confirmed.

I had a pretty meh weekend.  I went out on Saturday and got the rest of the rocks from Greg that I started to grab last year.  There was enough to make the back end start to squat, but not quite a full load.  I had already taken a few shovel's worth out at this point.  


The pile of rocks.  I need to get my weedwacker running so I can clear that area and spray it down with grass killer.


I also got the Cub fixed, the wheel is back on.  


Even though my yard wasn't terrible, I mowed.  I even did the pushmowing.  The Cub finished without breaking, so its streak is now back to 1 mowing without failure.


Sunday I was dodging precipitation once I got back from planning the Colorado trip.  I got a tongue jack installed on the boat trailer I had picked up.  It will be nice to not have to be perfect to get it on the truck, since at least while the boat is on it, I struggle to lift and move it.

I also went up and crawled under the shed.  I confirmed that it was the joists falling off.  While good in that it doesn't require new lumber to fix, it won't be a fun repair.  This is today's lesson in why you don't use undersized nails (even if you use more of them).



The other side isn't looking healthy, but hasn't failed yet.  I will fix this side first so I can safely shift everything around in the shed.  This will mostly just be nail it back together.

I did some cleaning up in the shed, but haven't really started fixing it yet, so that isn't in progress yet.

2021 Projects:
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Level back yard
  • Level front yard 
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Power Center (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Baffle box
  • Driveway round three
  • Fix shed floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment