Friday, April 23, 2021

Short post, more wildlife

I added a new animal to my wildlife.  I had a ruffed grouse running up my driveway when I came home the other night.  I tried to take a picture of him, but he blends in almost perfectly.  I circled him in red.


I also awoke to turkeys yesterday morning.  


I also went and poached a new switch for the generator.  I will get this installed soonish.  I found some fuel tank grommet and shut off valves, but I need to check the fuel line sizes.  

I also did the math on the camper power.  My numbers came up pretty common according to the internet, but scary for the purposes of what I was going to build.  The AC alone draws as much power as my entire tiny home does in a day in July.  I might consider dumping the battery idea since I am looking at upwards of 8 grand for batteries, and the numbers I need make lithium batteries a must.  I came up with 16kWh a day (though I could get it down to 10 by running the fridge off propane), while most internet averages say 15-20kWh a day from what I saw.  


I am going out for this weekend, so I won't get much done this weekend, but will start re-investigating generators upon my return since a lot of the ones I looked up previously are no longer available.  I might also investigate a hybrid approach with a little super-quiet 1kW inverter generator that should be able to run a day on a tank of gas and a battery or two to make up the difference. 

No movement on the project list for 2021.

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three

No comments:

Post a Comment