Friday, April 9, 2021

Bike upgrade, lawn tractor work.

I have mostly been doing little things this week, like I ran to Tractor Supply a few days ago.  A couple days ago, I decided it was time to update my bike.  I had tried to tape the handles, but the results weren't terribly enjoyable.  


I now have a new set of grips that are really nice.  


Last night I finally got around to trying the alignment on the tractor.  I ended up using a board to try to get the alignment accurate.  It didn't work great, and in hindsight I really should have done it on the slab instead of the shed.  Oh well.  Then I wouldn't have had this awesome light though.  


I couldn't get my jack on the frame or under the axle, there were things in the way, so I decided instead to just pick up the front end and put the brush guard up on a bucket and block.  The brush guard is needlessly beefy on this lawn tractor and is bolted directly into the frame so it worked fine.  


While I was able to fix the toe, I didn't know how to fix the camber.  So while they are straight to the back wheels, they aren't perpendicular to the ground; they do this: \__/ 


The alignment is likely as good as it will get at this point.  The whole steering system on this tractor is very sloppy, and makes Heather's truck steering feel like it is tight and new, but it should last the year like this I hope.  I don't care that it will wear the edges of the tires.

My little magnetic light finally died.  It is dimmer than the single LED flashlight mode on my phone.  This is the first time it has run out of juice since I bought it last fall, so the battery life in it isn't bad.  


No movement on the project list, but another piece of the equipment is done.  Hopefully I will get the oil changes and whatnot done this evening.  I am starting to have grass turn green, which is obnoxiously early.  Last year I didn't mow until around Memorial day.  

2021 Projects:
  • Prepare summer equipment
  • Carport repair
  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three

No comments:

Post a Comment