Thursday, April 11, 2019

Nice water.

I ended up working from home this morning by tethering my phone to my computer.  It worked, for the most part, but the phone internet access is pretty poor.  
The guy came up a little late, but I have a new water system installed.  They want the system to settle a little bit before they run the final water test, but turning on the faucet looked (well, smelled) promising.  Since it was below freezing I brought the washing machine back in.  The room looks surprisingly neat with all the stuff taken out.



The unit doesn't require any salts or maintenance (I am guessing it is a reverse osmosis system?), but it will need to backflush every few days or every 200 gallons.  It is really loud and obnoxious so I have it set to go at 10AM while I am work, instead of at night.
I didn't quite realize just how much crap I had stuffed in there.  This is all the stuff I had shoved in there.  Most of it will require a new home.






Since this wasn't on it, there is no movement on the checklist.  At this point the onus is back on me to get the water heater in.   I also have a bunch of things lingering that I need to finish wrapping up.  I just need to finish the silicone in the bathroom for example before that can get crossed off.  Everything else is done and has been for months.
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I took a swig last night and while it tasted odd (I haven't had well water in a while), it wasn't bad. I also ran my washer without the whole place smelling like sulfur which was nice

      Delete