Monday, March 11, 2019

Sink ready for final install.

I didn't feel too great over the weekend, and spent a lot of what time I did crawl out of bed and doing stuff clearing snow, so I didn't get much done on the house.  Thankfully the truck passed inspection without any troubles, just some light bulbs were out for the license plate.  I started digging the car out, but then we got more snow, and I haven't gotten back to it.  Maybe tonight.  It is supposed to be really warm this week (well, above freezing at any rate) so I want to get it dug out ASAP so that I can let the sun finish the job.  That was part of the reason I took so long to clear everything, I was even clearing spots that I hadn't cleared in over a month (to the dismay of my snowblower).

Since I never actually posted it, I hosed up the last countertop.  I followed the instructions I found online to a T, I cut it, the sink fit in like a glove, but then I noticed this...  D'oh!  My sink doesn't have enough lip on it to cover up the fact that I made a rectangle when the sink has rounded corners.


I did go and pick up a new countertop last week, and I got the new sink cutout completed.  The cabinets are also fastened to the wall and each other, and the holes for the plumbing and electric are cut.  You can just barely see the extension cord sticking out the bottom.


Unlike last time, I rounded the corners.  It looks a lot better this time.  I also cleaned up the sink a little bit.  I don't remember the plastic button being like that when I picked up the sink, so I am guessing some mice chewed on it while it was in the shed.  Grrrr.


There is still a tiny bit more to do in the kitchen, most notably the plumbing for the sink and the dishwasher, but the end is in sight for it.  Then I move on to the utility room.  No movement on the checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment