Saturday, March 16, 2019

No progress during the week.

I didn't get anything done during the week.  I went out to the Lab for my birthday (they give you free pizza on your birthday), Wednesday I was catching up on sleep, and Thursday my truck decided to break down.  Friday I broke tools trying to work on the truck.

One thing that was amusing was on Monday when I posted about the counter, when I got home my birthday card from Aunt Sheri arrived, and it is very fitting.


I also managed to get my car out on Friday, which is good given the truck problems.  Thursday night when I saw that they pushed the rain out for overnight I went and put literally the rest of the salt I had down aroudn the wheels.  Friday morning it just drove right out.


Today I spent underneath or working on the truck.  I tried to get the wheel off on Friday, and failed, destroying my last 4 way in the process, so when I went out shopping Friday night I picked up another bigger one. 


I did get it apart today.  The brakes seemed OK, but I got a few suggestions of other things to try from Dad.  I never seized everything up too.  It might be a good idea to do the rest of them at some point. 


I still hope to finish up the kitchen this weekend, but that looks doubtful at this point, since I still need to try to get the check engine turned off in the car so it can get inspected.  Bummer.

1 comment: