Sunday, March 24, 2019

Only some minor things done.

I didn't get much done over the weekend due to a surprise snowstorm we got Friday night.  I went out to Manchester on Saturday, to hang out with Mike and Stefan.  Mike was taking us out to dinner, and asking us to be his groomsmen.  It was good to see everyone again.

I did manage to get some stuff done on Friday evening though.  The sink is now properly installed.


It is siliconed and fastened as well.


I started grumbling about the snow on Friday night. 


It showed me what for though.  I broke two shear pins just making that one pass when the snowblower would just sink into the mud.  I broke three total, but I ended up only doing the paved apron.  It is big enough to park the car on.  I drove the car out, even though it dragged some. 


Apparently I was very lively Friday night when I was sleeping.  When I woke up Saturday, I had kicked off a lot of the stuff sitting on my dresser.


With the ground thawed and it being 50 and sunny today, a lot of the driveway has already melted off.  The truck goes in for the front end issues on Friday.  I need to bring the car in for inspection as well.  Apparently my OBD2 reader won't clear the code, it doesn't like talking to my car, which is annoying (my scanner is a cheap chinese knockoff, so it is likely the reader doesn't peropely implement a needed protocol).  It means that it is going to be an expensive inspection, since usually even just resetting the computer is like a hundred bucks.  And that is if the sensor is still in fact OK.  I have noticed that even after multiple tanks with fuel injector cleaner, my gas mileage is still awful (not even getting 30 on the highway), so it is quite possible that the bank A mass air flow sensor is toast.

1 comment:

  1. "it doesn't like talking to my car" are you sure it's speaking the same language? Maybe the car doesn't understand 'cheap chinese'

    ReplyDelete