Sunday, February 25, 2018

Back from France, snow almost gone.

I have uploaded the pictures from France to my Google Photos.  Unfortuantely, I didn't get very many.  The camera had a motor failure, the servo that extends and contracts the lens got hosed.  


Most of the pictures I ended up taking with my phone, which are absolutely junk since it doesn't focus.  The ones I did get can be found here:

Here are a few of the highlights though:
The beach was very nice and clean.  The water was crystal clear.  The "sand" wasn't actually sand but very tiny river rock, very smooth rocks.

The rocky hills and the general terrain reminded me a lot of Utah without the visibility.

It is already spring there.

Selfie with the Mediterranean.  The front camera on my phone is the only one that functions, and is also the crappiest.  I was the only one on the beach.  It was a tad too chilly for swimming, the water was in the upper 50s, and it was rainy (but warm) outside.

I was still unusually jet-lagged yesterday so while I did get up to the property, I didn't do much.  Everything we got while I was gone had melted off, so it was muddy.  

There is still some ice though.

Don't walk on it.

I also snagged Greg's old storage shed.

It appears that I need to find some new mousetraps.  I was only able to locate three of them.  There used to be 6.

It snowed last night, but turned to rain today, so I am waiting to see how much of it melts off.  It is supposed to be sunny and warmer most of the week, so I am guessing it will all melt off before the storm next weekend.  Not that sunset is approaching 5:30, on days I get out of work early, I can go up and work after work again.  That said, I have visits lined up for the next couple of weekends, so that my calendar is free once spring rolls around.

1 comment: